Saturday 8 April 2017

March favourites




LA GIRL HD LONG WEAR ILLUMINATING FOUNDATION
I bought this foundation out of sheer interest when I was browsing BeautyBay one day. I’m really picky with foundations since I have oily skin and wasn’t sure when I read that it was “illuminating” but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t actually find it to be very illuminating, it has a slight dewy look to it but by the time I had used my finishing powder it was pretty much matte.
It claims to have a medium to full coverage finish which I would agree with. The coverage can also be layered up easily to create a very full mannequin like base if that’s what you’re into.
It has a tacky finish which I do like, I feel that gives a foundation better staying power and your powders, blushes etc. stick on better. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out, it is amazing especially when you look at the price point.

LA GIRL PRO CONCEAL (GREEN)
LA Girl pro concealers are worth a mention in general, they are amazing and so cheap but this past month I’ve been reaching for the green colour corrector every day. The older I get the more I have noticed redness on my face and this completely blocks that out. It is so easy to blend and to apply due to the built in brush. I have no desire to try another green corrector again, this is perfect.
LA Girl concealer swatch in daylight
BH COSMETICS LIQUID EYELINER
Maybe I haven’t been using this long enough to give it a fair review, with pen liners you really do need to consider how long it takes for the product to dry out and I’ve only been using this for about a month but so far I do really like this. It does not bleed, dries down very quickly (like 10 seconds!) and has a slightly glossy finish. The packaging is very basic and plain as you can see but for just £4 I don’t think that matters.
BH Cosmetics liner swatch
MAC CHARGED WATER SKIN HYDRATING MIST
The first of two facial sprays I’ve been obsessed with this month. This isn’t a new product from Mac but I had never really entertained it before always just opting for Fix+ instead.
Its a water based spray infused with caffeine and diamond powder (…supposedly). I use it as a hydrating primer on my skin before makeup and throughout the day to freshen my skin up. Working 12 hour shifts my skin always needs a boost throughout the day and a few sprays of this over my makeup really revitalises my complexion.
At £18 a bottle it’s on the pricey side but I believe it’s worth it and is a definite repurchase for me.

MARIO BADESCU FACIAL SPRAY (ALOE, GREEN TEA AND CUCUMBER)
I cannot stop raving about this facial spray! Mario Badescu is a skincare brand I recently discovered (despite being around since 1967) and I love love love it. This spray is a hydrating and cooling mist that also claims to give you an antioxidant boost from the green tea. The scent is very subtle, a sweet green tea fragrance with a hint of aloe vera which is obviously a very uplifting, clean smell. At £7.50 a bottle the price point isn’t too bad for luxury skincare either.

No comments:

Post a Comment